If you are looking for the best PPC and SEM reporting tools to provide comprehensive PPC reports that show how your SEM strategy is going on, you are at the right place!
Solid, reliable and comprehensive PPC reports for clients are an essential part of digital advertising agencies in order to keep track of the campaign data. PPC advertising campaigns will not make any sense if you don’t get insights related to your campaign to drive better ROI. Want to get more traffic and more conversions for your PPC campaigns? Then, consider implementing SEM reporting tools into your PPC marketing strategy.
How to Create a PPC Report?
A well automated PPC report allows you to keep track of your clients’ paid advertising metrics such as ad clicks, ad spends etc. and also the overall performance of their PPC campaigns and much more. Tracking and analyzing each client’s data is pretty overwhelming if you run various PPC campaigns across different platforms. As PPC reports involve pretty much data and metrics, already existing PPC reporting templates can ease that complexity for you.
In order to create an actionable PPC report, you may need a step-by-step guide to support you along the way. No worries! We are here to help you to create these reports in 7 simple steps;
- Step 1: Have a consistent and reliable reporting format for your clients,
- Step 2: Start with general data and then deep dive into the detailed metrics,
- Step 3: Prioritize the core metrics such as impressions, clicks, CTRs, conversions, ROI and more,
- Step 4: Provide a comprehensive PPC reporting dashboard,
- Step 5: Make each metric clear so your clients can understand it,
- Step 6: Allow for attribution clicks and customer journey,
- Step 7: Integrate CRM to get detailed data beyond the PPC conversion.
After following these steps in order, you can create a sample PPC report template to use for each client. But, please don’t forget that each client has their own unique needs. That means there is no such report that can appeal to your clients’ needs. So, you need to create custom reports according to their core requirements. That may sound a bit time-consuming and overwhelming.
At this point, agencies prefer getting help from a PPC reporting solution to save time, build their clients’ trust and reliability of their services.
What Should Be Included in PPC & SEM Reports?
We have been talking about paid advertising metrics, data and stats for a while. So, do we really know which metrics or data should be included in SEM & PPC reports for clients? If yes, you can skip this part and move forward with the example of the best PPC reporting tools. But if you are still reading this, then you may need to make up your mind!
In reality, the things you want to include in your PPC & SEM reports depend on your clients’ needs. Basically, a great PPC report should consist of the metrics mentioned below;
- Cost-per-click (CPC),
- Conversion rate,
- Return on ad spend (ROI & ROAS),
- Click-through rate (CTR),
- Cost-per-acquisition (CPA),
- Ad clicks and
Of course, metrics can be more specific depending on the custom goals of your SEM strategy. If you are running multiple ad campaigns, the PPC report should gather and segment all data you need.
If everything is clear so far, let’s deep dive into the best PPC & SEM reporting tools for agencies that can perfectly match their needs!
What are the Best PPC & SEM Reporting Tools for Agencies?
The world of the SaaS market offers unique PPC reporting tools that appeal to every business. The significant point here is to determine your agency’s core necessities while choosing the right tool. Please note that the PPC reporting solution that works best for most agencies may not be the best for your agency.
Whoop whoop, get yourself ready! The best PPC & SEM reporting tools for agencies will be explained in detail below.
Whatagraph is known as one of the best PPC reporting tools for agencies as it gathers all relevant metrics in one comprehensive dashboard. Basically, Whatagraph’s system collects performance metrics automatically from different platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads or other PPC channels.
You can create a base report, and then customize it for each client’s requirements. This customization ability saves you tons of time and also money. Not only limited to this, but Whatagraph also allows you to add your agency’s branding and logo to the reports.
Whatagraph offers a 7-day free trial with no credit card required. For your unique needs, the pricing options can be customized like below mentioned;
- The Professional plan is suitable for most in-house marketing teams and prices start at €199 per month.
- The Premium plan is mostly used by small marketing agencies and prices start at €299 per month.
- The Custom plan reshapes your agency’s unique requirements.
Scaling your agency is just simple with AgencyAnalytics! The PPC reporting solution automatically monitors your PPC KPIs, highlights your ROI, showcases your agency’s value to your clients and reports all relevant data to them in a sample PPC report.
AgencyAnalytics provides visualization opportunity for any metric that can help show your clients the overall performance of their digital advertising campaigns. Since ROI has been the key metric for ad campaigns, clients are more likely to start caring more about it. If you are able to display the ROAS to your clients, automatically you will be proving your agency’s worth.
Undoubtedly, the shining point of AgencyAnalytics is to be able to add annotations and set goals in the PPC data. That helps keep your clients updated about the progress, specific changes and more.
AgencyAnalytics provides flexible pricing plans with a 14-day free trial, no credit card is required. We have listed below their different pricing options;
- Freelancer provides basic reporting options for up to 5 users with the starting price of $12 per month.
- Agency is for SMBs who need to scale up their PPC reports minimum of 10 users. Prices start at $18 per month.
- Enterprise offers flexibility to large agencies that need custom solutions.
Setting up your clients’ campaigns one by one is a time-consuming process. That’s why agencies need to get some backup from online advertising reporting tools like Channable.
With Channable, you can get your campaign data in one steady place and have the data automatically updated. Unlike other PPC reporting tools, Channable allows you to generate relevant ads, as static and dynamic data are combined within its system. The built-in ad generator, smart keyword & URL generator and ad customization are ready at your disposal to make your advertising campaigns even better!
The key aim of Channable is to become a unique solution for businesses of all sizes. That’s why they offer 10 different pricing packages for every business type. Once you choose your most suitable package, then you can move forward with the right pricing plan. If you need any add-ons, Channable prodives many of them.
To clear your mind just a little bit, we can fairly say that the prices vary between $119 to $239 per month.
Semrush’s PPC keyword tool is the best solution to optimize your Google Ad campaigns. In addition to the comprehensive reports, the industry-leading solution focuses on optimizing your ad campaigns based on keywords, ad groups, locations and much more. By using one of the best PPC reporting tools, simply you can;
- Generate cross-group negative keywords,
- Easily create ad groups,
- Set up location-based targeted ad campaigns based on CPCs and search volumes,
- Update keywords automatically demand-driven,
- Import an existing Google Ad campaign or restructure your campaign in a single dashboard,
- Create multiple keyword lists to use for future campaigns.
Semrush offers 3 pricing plans called;
- The Pro plan is suitable for small businesses as it is limited to 5 projects. The price starts at $99.95 per month.
- The Guru plan is specifically designed for agencies with a limitation of 15 projects. The price starts at $191.62 per month.
- Lastly, the Business plan is for enterprises and is also limited to 40 projects. The price starts at $374.95 per month.
DashThis brings all relevant data to one steady place in order to create meaningful, detailed and custom PPC reports. The online PPC reporting solution connects more than 30 platforms just to make your job easier while gathering advertising data together. With ready-to-use templates, you can simply customize your reports depending on the PPC KPIs according to each client’s needs.
Rather than spending many hours creating just one single report, DashThis automatizes the reporting process and saves you tons of time. The platform also lets you share the reports with your clients via a simple URL, automated email or PDF download.
DashThis divides the pricing into 4 different plans;
- The Individual plan allows to manage up to 3 dashboards at $33 per month.
- The Professional plan comes with 10 dashboards. The price starts at $109 per month.
- The Business plan is limited to 25 dashboards with the price of $209 per month.
- The Standard plan can be customized.
Compared to other PPC reporting tools, Unbounce differentiates with what it provides. The landing page builder aims to optimize your landing pages to match your ad groups. You can build more relevant landing pages for your Google Ad campaigns to get more conversions. With the AI-powered Smart Traffic feature, it is possible to earn more revenue from your ad campaigns.
If you are creating a landing page from scratch for your ad groups and targeted keywords, you can use the drag-and-drop editor to simply build highly converted landing pages. But if you don’t want to spend time on it, there is a template library that provides dozens of templates you can choose from. Once you create your ad-to-landing-page combo, you will be ready to hit the PPC jackpot!
The prices at Unbounce vary depending on the number of domains. If you would like to make the most of the Smart Traffic feature, then you should consider choosing the Optimize or Accelerate plan.
- The Launch plan covers only one domain at $90 per month.
- For the Optimize and Accelerate plans prices vary between $135 to $225 per month.
Why Reporting is Important for Agencies?
Before closing up the best PPC & SEM reporting tools guide, we want to mention the importance of reporting for agencies.
Reporting is bread and butter for agencies to show their clients;
As you can see, reports are the key component of your marketing success. Most agencies fail while they try to automatize their reporting process and they disappoint their clients. As a result, agencies lose clients. To avoid this situation, consider these steps which we believe will help you;
- Step 1: Put all the most vital data into reports,
- Step 2: Attach personal notes directly to the data,
- Step 3: Give your opinion on the results,
- Step 4: Support reports with visuals,
- Step 5: Display the data in section-based,
- Step 6: Add a personal touch in the final results section,
- Step 7: Customize the report depending on the agency’s needs.
We have peer over the best PPC & SEM reporting tools for agencies in this article. At the end of the day, the final decision will be yours. While choosing the right one for you, please be mindful of your core needs.
If you still need help making your mind up, here are the hand-picked reporting tools available.